Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Lilith Fund Bowl-a-Thon Fundraiser Update


Hey friends,

I am making a strong push to start accumulating donations for the Lilith Fund. Yesterday I raised $225, blowing my original goal of $100 out of the water... just like I had hoped! Can you make a donation today to help me reach my new goal of $350? DONATE HERE.

Lilith Fund Bowl-a-Thon

By raising money, I am filling a vital health care gap by helping women pay for abortion care, emergency contraception, options counseling, child care during abortion procedures, and transportation costs to clinics. I'm supporting our community members when they need me the most.

Here's a little more about Lilith - the fund has been around for 10 years.  Its first challenge was to raise $10,000 to begin assisting low-income folks with abortion funding.  Last year, Lilith gave away $80,000 to over 1,000 patients - so the average grant is around $75.  Once clients have an appointment with a clinic and know how much money they need, they call the hotline.  A volunteer responds to their call, provides financial counseling, and ultimately determines the amount of money they can grant to the client.  They work with clinics across Texas from El Paso to Beaumont, as far north as Killeen and south into the RGV.  The TEA Fund is Lilith's "sister" fund for North Texas.  



My goal as of now is $350, but I'd love to blow that out of the water AGAIN. PLEASE MAKE A DONATION!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

No comments:

Post a Comment